Friday, September 9, 2011

Hitler's Eagles Nest . . .

I visited the Eagles Nest over 30 years ago. I do not care for heights or winding roads with all too clear a view of the depth of the downward side of the mountains. I figured I had been there, done that, and had absolutely no reason to ever do that again. I didn't realize 30 years ago that I would marry and put into effect a reason to make that mountain climb in a bus, again . . . with my 17 year old son! Naturally, he loved the ride with all the twists and turns. I figured I had to have worked off some major Purgatory time!

I have to admit, however, that the view from the top is amazing. Not a lot to do up there except enjoy a good restaurant and admire the view . . . but it was sufficient for a great day. Interesting to note that Hitler only visited the place a few times . . . he didn't like heights!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: