Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Easy Way to Asian . . .

I'm not Asian but a lot of my cooking includes Asian dishes. I'm sure a true Asian will not find my offerings totally in line with actual Asian cuisine, but my all-American family enjoy them. Anyway, I just ran across a recipe that looks easy and would have that foreign flavor I keep trying to achieve.

Easy Chicken Satay
1 envelope favorite dry onion soup mix
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thing strips
10-15 wooden skewers, soaked in water

In a large plastic bag, combine the soup mix, olive oil, brown sugar, peanut butter, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add the chicken and shake to evenly coat the meat. Set bag aside in the refrigerator to marinate for approximately 30 minutes.

Drain the marinade from the chicken. Do not save the marinade. On the wooden skewers, thread on the strips of chicken. You will have to sort of 'weave' the strips on to accommodate them.

Broil in the oven or grill on the barbecue until chicken is done. An Asian dressing would make a simple and easy dipping sauce. There are several varieties in the salad dressing aisle of most supermarkets.

No comments: