Friday, August 12, 2011

Exciting Morning . . .

Two nice surprises to start the weekend! I got an e-mail from a seminarian friend who just arrived in Spain for World Youth Day. Didn't expect to hear from him and was very happy to know for sure he got to his destination safely. What an experience! He said he was helping the Servants of Charity this morning and site seeing in the afternoon.

To compound the happiness of the day, I got a letter and pictures from a seminarian we are helping to support in South America. He was just ordained Deacon and his letter was full of his joy in this step toward priestly ordination. It was nice to see pictures of the day and the happiness of his family.

A bonus, this week, has been unseasonable weather here in sunny California in that it has been overcast and a good deal cooler. No complaints on that! I 'gave me permission' to use the oven without turning the house into a sauna.

I tried something different with the meatloaf for dinner last night and the family didn't even realize they were eating meatloaf so I take that as a success. Along with the regular spices, onions, and bread crumbs, I included 1/4 cup of finely chopped bacon. I guess it made a difference. Hey, they let me keep my title of MOM!

No comments: