Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bread baking and quilting today . . .

Yes, I know it is hot but I seem to get an urge to bake bread no matter the weather forecast. Besides, I just got two pounds of fresh yeast and want to put it through it's paces today. I discovered a good recipe for Buttermilk Bread and a bread recipe that calls for Basmati rice as an ingredient. Homemade bread tastes better and it is a good way to treat the family.

Since bread only needs mixing and rises on it's own without a lot of supervision, I'm hoping to get some sewing done, too. In spite of a shopping trip, yesterday, I finished the quilting on my 'fish' quilt and the handsewing done on a seashell quilt. Hmmmmm . . . I seem to be leaning towards a theme here! Pictures will be forthcoming when said quilts are presentably completed.

Only one problem with the plans . . . I don't have buttermilk in the house! Okay, just one trip to the grocery store and then I will get started on my day. If the bread is a success, I will pass on the recipes.

Just did a run through on the community college site in preparation for registering my son for classes on Monday. Good think I already have a college education because you need one to figure that thing out. You think they are trying to separate the wheat from the chaff at this early point in the game?

Interesting to start hearing the campaign stuff showing up in the media and press. Seems that the 'ruling party' is given more to bashing the prospective competition than running on any existing merit. Too bad real men of real character are too smart to dirty their hands in politics.

No comments: