Sunday, July 10, 2011

Good Morning! Another Sunday has arrived . . .

Why do Sundays seem to arrive more quickly than much-needed paydays? I'm thinking that we probably need the peace of Sunday even more than financial gain. Perhaps, the arrival of Sunday should remind us that there is more to this life we lead than figuring out out to spend the salary money before it even hits the checking account.

A much cooler night preceded this particular Sunday morning, however. A good night's sleep in nicely temperate temperatures always works out better in providing a cheerful morning. I like Sundays. We do have a basic schedule for the rest of the week but Sunday's schedule is more firmly in place. No one sleeps late and by 7:30, we are all scrubbed, dressed, and in our place at church. It's a routine but not a routine as we figure God is waiting for us to continue to make this effort . . . and we do our best to meet His expectations.

I do get a bit sad at how other people approach the one day God asked us to give Him. You have to wonder how the same people would dress if they were meeting a celebrity or going to an important event. My husband remarks that we have the 7:30 Mass, the 7:45 Mass, and the 8:00 Mass because people arrive late so often. I have to laugh. One woman almost always arrived after the readings yet she has to sit in the front pew. She also has to sit in the middle of the front pew. This means that everyone who arrived on time have to step out of the pew, during the sermon, to let her get to this important seat. Not a clue which is sad. If I'm remembering correctly, if you arrive at Sunday Mass after the readings, technically, you have not attended Mass.

Anyway, God Willing, we will arrive on time. Since we live two minutes from church, it would be pretty sad if  we got there late!

No quilting today. I promised one daughter a trip to the fabric/craft store later today as there is a huge sale and as a college student, she gets 15% off her entire purchase with proof of ID. Needless to say, my fabric choices will be paid under her coupon. Hey, I'm young at heart!

Haven't figured out dinner but have some fresh produce from my husband's garden. I think I will be trying the green fried tomatoes recipe, too. My husband got the luck of the draw at work and has to work today so I want him to come home to a special dinner.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday and not worrying too much about the next payday deposit!

No comments: