Thursday, June 2, 2011

Still recovering from the vacation . . .

Although I promised myself that I would force myself to acclimate myself immediately to local time after my vacation overseas, I did find myself nodding off in front of the television last night. My daughter graciously cooked dinner but even chewing seemed more trouble than it was worth! I'm thinking that even with the cat naps throughout the late afternoon and evening, I still had enough 'tired' left to sleepily pass out the moment my head hit the pillow! Yes, we stayed at some very nice places during the trip but there is no bed like your own for good sleep!

My major accomplishments of my first day home was to do the bills and discover the American Express bill is either not here or lost in the jumble of my foggy attempts to do math with eyes at half mast! I did manage to drive over to our favorite friends' house to give out the treats we got them from the trip.

On our last day of our battlefield tour, the guides asked my 17 year old what the best memory of the trip was for him. He jokingly said, "Well, aftere we got through the packed lines at passport control in London, had to go back in the line to fill out a forgotten paper, and finally found which of the ten baggage claim areas we needed to locate in order to find our luggage, seeing the tour guide standing at the exit area, waving a sign with our names on was very comforting. BUT, the favorite memory of that day? When we were told to cash in some dollars for Pounds and we tiredly grabbed our bags to get into THAT line and one of the guides said, 'Just leave those here. We'll watch them for you!'" My son said we had only 'known' them for five minutes but after over 12 hours in the air, that was good enough for im to extend our trust!

Fortunately, my son DID get a lot more than suitcase relief from our ten-day tour!

No comments: