Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pickled chicken?

Okay, I'm not actually pickling chicken today. I'm finally trying a recipe for brining chicken before baking it. It hasn't been a 'fear of brining' that has prevented me from trying this up to now but lack of foresight. There have been many evenings when I look at the chicken and think of how I could have done better by it but a five-minute brining before baking didn't seem feasible.

According to my cooking research on the subject, brining helps maintain the juiciness of the meat. Baking seems to dry out chicken a bit so I'm hoping I've come up with a winning solution.

It was 97 degrees, yesterday, but is much cooler today. I'm taking advantage of the decreased temperature to dare turn on the oven for dinner preparations. Hey, I like to live on the wild side!

No comments: