Monday, April 25, 2011

Growing up is hard to do . . .

I have to wonder, now, at my eagerness to see my babies start to walk, talk, read, etc. In my excitement with watching my childrens' milestones reached, I forgot that growing up was hard to do . . . for me!

I never thought I could cope with them spending a week at camp . . . and I did. When they were going to the local college all day, I learned to manage. Now, three of them are in different parts of the world and I have to understand. This growing up stuff is bothering me more than them. Go figure!

One daughter opted to stay over at college during the recent break. The other one came home but wants to go back sooner to get ready for the week. I want to relive the toddler days and hug them as babies a few more times and relish the moments more than I did!

You worry about them dealing with the world and forget that, as a mother, you have to deal with them doing it on their own.

No comments: