Saturday, April 30, 2011

From the ashes . . . sort of!

I discovered the hard way that my favorite bundt cake pan might be working as well anymore. Sure, I've had cakes giving me some problems in the past but, today, it only gave me back half my beautiful creation when I gently upended it onto the serving plate.

My son said the cake crumbs were delicious and was grabbing bits every time he passed by the deceased ex-culinary delight. It didn't make much of a dent in the pile of crumbs so I wondered what to do without wasting the cake.

Inspiration struck! A crumb cake which I interpreted to be a thin vanilla cake covered with the cake crumbs crushed with cinnamon and sliced almonds. Yes, I had to make another cake but now I have two cakes! I'm hoping I won't write later to tell you that I had to save yet another cake and now have four cakes!

No comments: