Friday, March 25, 2011

Rainy Day and Quilting?

It has been a busy week and the one thing to suffer is getting much quilting done. Can you believe my family wants dinner EVERY day of the week? I did get a quilt top pieced and almost ready for quilting and hope to advance on that today. Interesting scrap quilt (my favorite kind!) in that once I had all the blocks sewn together, I just didn't like the way it looked. I know, how picky can you be when there is no rhyme or reason to a totally scrap quilt using every color fabric in your scrap collection. When I'm not happy about how something looks, I can't seem to get any energy to continue on it. I have the pieces laid out on the table and keep looking and looking at it. Finally, I start wondering what would happen if I were to cut each pieced square in half and then resew them differently. I figured I didn't have much to lose trying this with one square. I was amazed, it changed the whole ebb and flow of the organized confusion of the scrap quilt and thoroughly changed the dynamic. Now, I wish I had taken a before and after picture of it.

Aside from braving the rain for Mass this morning, I'm thinking a wet day is a good one for staying home and close to the warmth of my sewing machine!

No comments: