Thursday, April 29, 2010

Quilting . . . .!

Prayers, inspiration, vitamins . . . Something is pushing my quilting limits these days. I have four quilts in the works and they all seem to be 'composing' themselves with me operating the sewing machine! My favorites, of the moment, are a Christmas one and an Our Lady of Guadaloupe quilt. The Christmas one isn't the usual red and green or Nativity type quilt. It is a cool, blues, black, and lavenders fabric with stark, leafless branches. I bordered it with doves on light and dark blue fabric with a quilted star in the middle. I'm calling it "And it came to pass . . ." Our Lady of Guadaloupe has twelve squares depicting our Blessed Mother in various colors with the Guadaloupe type motiff. For the border, I found an overall pattern of smaller Lady of Guadaloupe which seems to finish it off nicely. There is also a teddy bear's day with his family in 20 squares showing a daily, family's activities. There is a comfort in a quilt that brings a more peaceful time to mind.

No comments: