Sunday, August 23, 2009

It doesn't get easier . . .

Last year, both my daughters went off to college within a month of each other. I already have one son attending college overseas so this brought my in-home children population count down to only one left at home.

It was quite hectic getting things packed and organized for both daughters their first year, and the busy atmosphere kept my mind off the fact that THEY WERE LEAVING! In the back of my mind, I thought that I was prepared because I had already sent one son off on his own. It wasn't enough 'preparation' because I missed them terribly.

Summer is over and, again, my daughter is headed back to college. Suitcases are sitting by the door as she makes last-minute preparations to get in the car and head for the airport. I can see that leaving is much less stressful for my daughter this year. Me? I'm going to miss her (and the other two college siblings) terribly.

Having to be a grown up AND a parent sure ain't for sissies!

No comments: